Scarlett 2i4 is a 2 in / 4 out USB audio interface featuring two award-winning Focusrite pre-amps and four high-quality audio outputs. Housed in a rugged, anodized aluminum uni-body chassis, the Scarlett 2i4 is the perfect audio interface for musicians and digital DJs and can fully withstand the rigors of the road.
2nd Gen models will display "2nd Gen" on the back corner.
Mac Users: The Scarlett 2i4 runs in class-compliant mode on a Mac. No driver is required. Simply plug and play. Installation Tutorial
Windows Users: Please click click here to download your drivers.
Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen models) - Device connects and disconnects during use
- Restart the computer. Close all other applications.
- Plug the computer in to AC power. Plug the hub into AC power.
- Plug the hub into a different Thunderbolt port on the computer.
- Disconnect any other USB devices from the hub.
- If the 2i4’s USB and Gain LEDS are flashing constantly, the unit may not be getting enough power. Be sure the MacBook Pro is connected to AC power, and disconnect any other USB or Thunderbolt devices.
- If that still doesn’t fix the problem, try using Low Power Mode. (Note that this may adversely affect performance of condenser mics. This shouldn’t be a problem, though, as students with the 2i4 have a dynamic mic. If a student has a condenser mic and is experiencing problems, a powered hub may help, but this is beyond the scope of what is included in the LaunchBox and what is necessary for school work.)
MacOS Sierra - The computer crashes when selecting the Scarlett interface on any app
We are aware of an issue that can cause kernel panics (crashes) when the Low Latency installer is used with some macOS Sierra systems.
- If your macOS Sierra system crashes when connecting a Scarlett, open Finder and drag this file to the trash: Macintosh HD -> System -> Library -> Extensions -> Scarlett2ndGen.kext
- Once deleted, empty your trash and restart your machine.
Interface shows up as 2 separate input and output devices
We are aware of an issue where the Scarlett 2i4 appears as 2 separate audio devices, as pictured below in Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup:
- To fix this, please run the Scarlett Firmware updater which can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Once downloaded, open the .zip file and run through the installer.
- Once installed, ensure your Scarlett interface is connected and go to your Mac's Applications > ScarlettUpdater > double click on this to update the firmware.
- Once the firmware has been updated, you will find the Scarlett interface appears as a single input and output device as normal (shown below).
- *Please note that this firmware update is currently in the public beta stage, but we are not aware of any issues. See this article for more info.
- Installation Tutorial
- Contact Manufacturer
- OS Compatibility Check
- Product Registration
- Product Specs
In the event of a Manufacturing Defect becoming evident in a product within 12 months from the date of the original purchase Focusrite will ensure that the product is repaired or replaced free of charge.